Live current affairs of Armenia
Interesting things about Armenia
- ➤ Head of state:-
- ➥ President - Armen Sarksyan more
- ➤ Head of government:-
- ➥ Prime Minister - Nikol Pashinyan
- ➤ Population Rank:- 137 more
- ➤ land rank:- Armenia is ranked 81st in the world by land.
- ➤ military rank:- Armenia is the 111th most powerful country in the world with 138 military powers.
- ➤ total languages:- The country has a population of 29.6 million, most of whom speak Armenian as their first language. The Armenian language is the official language of the country.
- ➤ total religions:- 98% of the population of Armenia belongs to the Armenian religion. And 93% of the population in this religion belongs to the Apostolic Church, the rest of the population belongs to the Oriental Orthodox Church. The Armenian Apostolic Church was the primary center for the Armenian, built at Etchmiadzin Cathedral, and was officially commissioned by Catholicos Karekina.
- ➤ independence:- On August 23, 1990, the Soviet Socialist Republic was abolished and declared the establishment of the Republic of Armenia by the Supreme Council. Armenia The Armenian people voted in favor of independence from the Soviet Union in a referendum on September 21, 1991, and Armenia gained independence from the Soviet Union with the consent of the people, and this is Armenia's second independence. Eleven Ter-Petrosian is said to have been the first president since independence in 1991. Armenia's first independence came on May 28, 1918, and was ruled by the Soviet Socialist Republic in 1920.
- ➤ provinces or states:- Armenia has a total of 11 provinces, one of which is considered separate and has been accorded special status as the nation's capital. The 10 provinces are called Merger.
- ➤ type of governance:- The politics of Armenia take place in a parliamentary process. And it works in a multi-party approach. The president of this country is suppressed as head of state and the prime minister as a government official.
- ➤ official names:- Republic of Armenia
- ➤ capital city:- Yerevan is the capital of Armenia is said to be the largest city in the country and is a center of culture and industry, and Yerevan is the oldest city in the world. The city of Yerevan is located on the banks of the Hrazdam River.
- ➤ border sharing countries:- Armenia is dominated by Iran and Turkey to the west, Georgia, and Azerbaijan to the east and north, and Naxcivan to the southwest.
- ➤ total land:- 29,743 sq km : Agriculture 4800 sq km , Forest 4599 sq km. more
- ➤ total population (2022 Oct 7) :- 2,975,793 more
Lands details of Armenia