Live current affairs of Austria
Interesting things about Austria
- ➤ Head of state:-
- ➥ President - Alexander Van der Bellen
- ➤ Head of government:-
- ➥ Federal Chancellor - Sebastian Kurz
- ➤ Population Rank:- 97 more
- ➤ land rank:- Austria is ranked 115th in the world and 26th on the European continent.
- ➤ military rank:- Austria is ranked 66th out of 138 countries with military power.
- ➤ total languages:- There are up to 250 languages spoken in various parts of Austria. Officially recognized languages are Romanian, Czech, Slovenian, Croatian, Slovak, Burgenland Croatian, and sign languages, of which Austrian German is the official language. The Austrian government, in order to preserve the ancient languages, has added the ability to teach Hungarian, and Slovenian, half of the language, and Austrian German in some schools in Carinthia and Burgundy.
- ➤ total religions:- The Austrian government officially recognizes 16 religions, namely Alevi, Catholic Church, Apostolic Church, Evangelical Church of the Augsburg Confession, Helvetic Confession, United Methodist Church, Free Churches, Greek Oriental (Orthodox), Islamic, Jewish, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholic, Mormons, Coptic Orthodox, Apostolic, Buddhist, Syrian Orthodox.
- ➤ independence:- The history of Austria is told from the Stone Age to the present civilization. Austria is called Ostarrichi in German (Osterrich means the Eastern Kingdom in Old High German). Has been a duchy independent of the Holy Roman Empire of Germany since 1156. From 1273 to 1918 Bara was dominated by the House of Habsburg-Lorraine and the House of Habsburg. Austria was overthrown by Emperor Francis II in 1808, after which Austria continued as the Austrian Empire and remained part of Germany until the 1866 Austro-Prussian War. The country formed a dual monarchy with Hungary in 1867 when the empire became known as Austro-Hungarian. The empire lasted from 1867-1918 and was destroyed after World War I in 1918. The country gained its first independence after World War I and later changed its name to the Republic of Germany-Austria. Austrofascism later attempted to separate Austria from the Germans, supported by Engelbert Dollfuss. In 1938 Adolf Hitler annexed the country to Anschluss. Ten years after the end of World War II in 1955, Austria gained its second independence.
- ➤ provinces or states:- There are a total of 9 states in Austria including Burgenland, Vorarlberg, Salzburg, Carinthia, Tyrol, Styria, Upper Austria, Lower Austria, and Vienna. Vienna is the 6th most populous city in these 9 states and the National Capital of Austria.
- ➤ type of governance:- The Austrian government is called the Austrian Federal Government, which has an executive cabinet consisting of the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor, and the ministers. The Chancellor is the head of government and has all the powers of administration.
- ➤ official names:- The Republic of Austria.
- ➤ capital city:- Vienna (Wien).
- ➤ border sharing countries:- It is bordered by Slovakia and Hungary to the east of Austria, Slovenia, and Italy to the south, Germany and the Czech Republic to the north, and Switzerland, and Liechtenstein to the west.
- ➤ total land:- 83,871 sq km : Agriculture 26,702 sq km, Forest 38,708 sq km. more
- ➤ total population (2022 Jun 26) :- 9,109,289 more
Lands details of Austria